Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Guest post~Types of Journals

Hey, everyone! I don't even know if anyone's still reading this blog anymore. :P I will forgive you if you've forgotten about me entirely! I have been entertaining thoughts of bringing this back to life, but I'm not too sure right now. So until I make a definite decision, here is a guest post from Megan. Thank you very much, Megan!

Types of journals

Dream journal--Some people keep a notebook by their bed to write down their dreams in the morning. It's best to do this right when you wake up, so you don't forget any details.

Prayer journal--A prayer journal is where you can write down your prayer requests, favorite bible quotes, etc. another way to do this is to write down your prayers, kind of like a letter to god, and then write how he answered.

Exercise journal--Write how much  exercise  you have had during the day, and goals for next time.

Reading journal--Write what you have been reading, comments about that book etc.

Travel journal---You can write down what you did that day, and what you are doing tomorrow. You can also glue in ticket stubs, postcards and anything else from your trip.

Idea journal--This can include ideas for stories, songs, poems, plays, etc.

Free writing--Free writing usually starts with a word, and then you write about that word without stopping for ten or more minutes even if you have to write 'I don't know what to write' a few times. 

And of course, there is the more common journal, where you simply write your thoughts and feelings, aAnd/or what you did that day. 
What kind of journal do you keep?

9 comments:

Stella said...

Shaynie! Oh my gosh! I was seriously just thinking about you the other day and wondering what happened to you! Hope you're doing well :)

Karen S. B. said...

So glad you're back - i came upon your blog since I wanted ideas to write in my journal / diary. So far - its whatever helps me to de-stressed by letting out my feelings and any thoughts that I simply have to clear my head.

Shelley said...

So glad to see a new post on here! I hope you decide to bring this blog back to life because I really enjoy reading your posts Shaynie! :) And great guest post Megan, I never knew so many different types of journals existed!

Madison said...

You forgot art journals! I paint and draw in my art journal as well as write. I also have a smaller one that I can carry around where I still paint, draw, and write down my favorite lyrics in.

Daniiela said...

I really like your blog c: You should come back and start posting again :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Great to see a post here again. :)

I keep dream journal and a general journal that's a mix of exercise, reading, travel, and idea. :)

Tessa Emily Hall ~ Christ is Write said...

I'm so glad you're back! I love this post, especially the dream journal idea. I might have to keep one of those.

Thanks for sharing these ideas!

Rachel.T said...

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE ALIVE. (Sorry I'm just really excited about this).

I'm considering keeping a reading journal. It seems really interesting.

Erin said...

I'm reading! :) Keep posting! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...