photo FLORALHEADER2_zpsd0535b2f.png

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

the liebsster award


My bosom friend Bekah has nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you, Bekah! :) Perhaps this will let my readers get to know me a little more; I just realized that many of you might not "know" me very well!


Rules:
1. Link the blog that nominated you for the award.
2. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate that have less than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions given to you.
4. Let the people who you have nominated know when you have done so.
5. You can’t nominate the person who has nominated you.
6. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated to answer.
7. You must follow the blog that nominated you.

 The questions


1. What is your favorite pastime? Writing, whether it is journaling (of course), working on my novel, or poetry I very much love to write. I also enjoy cooking.

2. What is one of your favorite books? Ester Reid by Isabella Alden is one of my (many) favorites. Also The Land by Mildred D. Taylor. And Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes. And A Little Princess is another favorite.

3. What is one of your favorite quotes? I have so many quotes that I love; I keep a Word document full of them to reference. Here is one that caught my eye as I looked over it:

“If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”—Antoine de Saint-Exupery
 
4. For a vacation, would you prefer the beach or mountains? Definitely the beach. There is nothing on this earth like the ocean.

5. What is your favorite meal? This is a very hard question to answer because I greatly enjoy food! I would have to say honey-baked lentils and rice with roasted mushrooms, onions, and garlic on the side.

6. What is your hobby/s? Writing. Mainly poetry, but I also have written several novels (I'd consider myself more a poet than a novelist, though.)

7. If you could visit a foreign country, where would you go? I love geography and learning about different cultures, so it is very hard to pick just one country. But one of my very favorite countries in the world is Russia, so I'd have to pick that.

8. Do you play an instrument? Not really. Just a few chords on my brother's guitar.

9. What is one of your favorite characters from a book you've read? Hmm...that's really hard to choose. I actually would have to say the characters Murray, Caroline, and Zac from books my brother wrote. 
 
10. What is your favorite season? Summer!!

11. Who is your favorite author? That's a real tough one. I like a lot of books by Isabella Alden, so I'd have to go with her.

My questions:
1. Do you keep a journal
2. Do you like Mexican food?
3. Do you love the sound of the ocean?
4. Cats or dogs?
5. Evening or morning?
6. Do you like the smell of the earth after it rains?
7. Have you ever wanted to write a book?
8. When were you the most frightened?
9. Does seeing springtime flowers make you happy?
10. Have you ever flown in an airplane?
11.  Have you ever eaten at Chipotle?

My nominees:
I nominate all of my readers!
 Please feel free to take this award, pass it along, and answer my questions! 
Let me know if you do so I can read your answers. :)

p.s. don't forge tto enter the giveaway
maybe you can win a potluck of journaling supplies! :)
 

2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Shaynie! Thanks for participating! I always love doing these sort of posts. :-)

    Have a good day, friend!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love A Little Princess! The Secret Garden is another favorite of mine.

    Poetry-reading is one my favorite things, though I'm not the best writer of it. :) Hehe.

    This looks like a fun questionnaire, so I'll post it over on my blog soon.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

 

All words and photographs belong to Journaling Journeys, unless otherwise stated.
Blog design by Marcia.